Tiles have become the most popular flooring option these days. Their durability, less maintenance and availability in variety of designs and colours has made them the top choice among all those looking for durable tiles for home. But to maintain their beauty and versatility for years, it is important that we do regular cleaning.
Here are some smart ways to clean tile floors and make them look new for years.
Vinegar: Vinegar is a non-toxic product and very effective in cleaning and disinfecting most of the hard surfaces. If your ceramic tiles have become dull over a period of time or have hard water stains on them, using vinegar would be the best way to bring back their brightness. All you need to do is dip a mop in white vinegar solution and mop the floor thoroughly from one end to the other. Leave it to air dry completely and get a sparkling floor!
Borax: This all-purpose cleaner has been found to be very effective in disinfecting tiled floors. It is highly alkaline and thus helps in easy cleaning and deodorising. Its application is also very simple. All you need to do is mix two to three tablespoons of borax in a gallon of warm water, and mop your designer tiles or vinyl flooring until they shine.
Hydrogen peroxide: When everything else fails to remove stubborn stains and dirt, hydrogen peroxide comes to rescue. Being an excellent fungicide and whitening agent, it is just what you need to clean the tiles and whiten those grout lines. Mix it with white flour to create a paste and then apply it on the tiles. Leave it overnight and rinse with cold water to see the magic.
Lemon juice: Like vinegar, lemon juice is also very effective in lightening stains and blemishes. Whether you have a hard-wood or ceramic tile floor, application of lemon juice will help in creating a hostile environment for mould and mildew. For best results, combine it with baking soda.
Kitchen is often referred as the heart of the house and why not? It is the place where food is cooked, and eaten, the place where we spend time with family and friends. So in order to make it fun and welcoming, it is important to design it strategically. Using the correct type of backsplash, floor and wall tiles can significantly help in doing this. As far as tiles are concerned, you must pick them depending on the location of their installation. For example, glossy tiles may look great on the walls, but are not a practical option for kitchen floors. So, here are a few tips that you must keep in mind while choosing tiles for the kitchen:
Material: The first thing to consider when buying kitchen tiles is the material they are made of. According to kitchen experts, porcelain is the best option for kitchen floors since it is low maintenance and high durability. Besides this, stone-inspired ceramic tiles have also become very popular these days. This is because they cost less than natural stone, are easy to install and require minimal maintenance. For backsplash, ceramic and glass make for great options as they are available in a variety of colours, styles and shapes.
Size: The next thing to keep in mind while buying tiles is the size you are opting for. Big, oversize rectangular tiles are one of the best options for kitchen floors. They not only create fewer grout joints but also add a touch of style and elegance. You can find tiles of all sizes at reputed tile manufacturers like Somany Ceramics. Do explore their collection and you are sure to find the best tiles for your kitchen.
Grout: The size of grout lines is also an important factor to consider when installing tiles in your kitchen. Experts believe that thinner lines are better when it comes to grout. Tight grout joint gives a much cleaner look. It is also important to know that grout needs to be sealed in order to keep it away from staining. Besides that, one should also make sure that the colour of the grout matches with the colour of the tile. This will give a softer, more seamless appearance to the installation.
Keep these tips in mind while buying tiles and it will surely add elegance and longevity to your kitchen.
Bathroom – it’s where you start and finish your day, it serves as a great hiding spot, offers solitude when needed and is the place where inspiration strikes. However, bathrooms typically tend to be taken for granted, especially when it comes to aesthetics. But when given due attention, your bathroom can, not only be a functional necessity but also a front-runner in bathroom-fashion.
So, if you’re in the process of giving your bathroom a makeover, here are some latest style trends that are creating a buzz in 2017.
If breaking away from monotony is your choice, make use of different textures – one solid glass wall with a wooden frame or a rugged textured wall with wooden shelving. Another option is to add curtains in bright colours to create a dramatic contrast.
Textured walls have been in trend for quite a while now. You could either opt for ceramic 3D wallpapers or go for slightly more subtle way of incorporating texture using stone-finish sanitary ware. For instance, a limestone wash basin.
With darker colours replacing last season light pastels, colour contrasts have become a huge favourite with interior designers and home decorators. Combinations like ebony and chalky white or charcoal with eggshell work wonders when trying to create a contrast.
Tiling has always been a top-of-mind choice when doing the interiors, specifically floors and walls of a bathroom. This year, we are seeing a lot of the herringbone pattern when it comes to floor tiles. Industry leaders like Somany Ceramics, offer an eclectic variety of bathroom tiles designs at competitive prices.
If you are looking for a contemporary style bath but are tired of looking at the usual run-off-the-mill options, free-standing tubs are the way to go. Streamlined infinity tubs, modern bowl-like tubs, etc., are few of the available options. You could also add a hint of vintage glamour with a crystal chandelier over the tub.
Lighting is extremely crucial when setting the mood of a room. The same stands true for bathrooms as well. Unlike traditional white, bright yellow lighting makes for quite an interesting lighting option. It also helps a great deal in enhancing the impact of textured walls and floors.
Whatever your house theme is like- modern or cosy; home décor as a concept is tricky. Converting your home into an enchanting, and animated living space requires a lot of attention. One of the most fulfilling activities is remodelling your own house by using the perfect items.
Installing the right tiles in your house spaces can beautify the whole place. There are different types of tiles for every room. Be it kitchen, bathrooms or living room; let us find out what type of tiles should you use for each room.
Take a look-
• The kitchen area: Buying tiles for kitchen can get a little fussy. With all the cooking happening around, you may want to make sure that the tiles are easy to clean, are hard and durable and can be maintained easily. Picking versatile and colourful kitchen tiles is a good idea. You could also get the ones that match the floor’s aesthetic.
• The bathroom area: Again, tricky. The bathroom area tiles must essentially not be slippery sorts. Moreover, keeping the bathroom tiles dry and clean is another task. Hence, pick accordingly. To suggest you, ceramic or porcelain is the best option to install in your bathroom with fancy taps and showers. Indian Bathroom Tiles of these kinds will add another level of splendour to your bathroom.
• The living room area: If you are someone who wants to enhance the beauty of the living room space, then try floor tiles that add another level of elegance and sheen to your room. It is not only charming to look at, but also give more depth to the design aesthetics of the room.
Find and pick some choicest of tiles from the coveted brand- Somany Ceramics, that offer options aplenty to you as per your needs! Scour through well and give a swish look to your house!
Before you shop for your new home or for refurbishment of your home, always do a thorough research. Artistic designs for your home’s interiors do not necessarily mean that you need to spend a bomb. You can beautify the space by using beautiful tile designs, wall paint and floor tiles as well. From the light fixture to the furniture, each piece of your overall vision can be accentuated with an artsy quintessence, and that includes your floors as well.
For best ideas, check out Somany floor tiles in India. Millions of customers have preferred to shop from them to create trends in home interior design. You get great quality options as well as stylish products here. The company is a complete home solutions provider in terms of décor with extensive product range categories.
When it comes to tiles for kitchen, do not stick to the conventional way and try something different- be creative! Take a hint from the following inspiring ideas and see how to refashion your kitchen into something gorgeous:
1. Magical Marbles: Marble tiling gives a sophisticated look, no matter where you utilize them. They are lovely, easy to maintain and long-lasting. It also adds a stylish touch to any space, just choose the color wisely.
2. Speckle Design: Sometimes small and confined is better, especially in smaller kitchens to give a cute look. Try a subtle geometric design to brighten the room even more.
3. Chic Checks: This design is the oldest yet never goes out of trend. The classic checkered tiles are perfect for kitchens and bathrooms as it provides a clean finish. Black and white combination is evergreen, but bold colors like red with white are totally in these days.
4. Color Flash: Take different pieces of colored carpets and create a playful design for the kitchen floor. This looks very quirky, brightens the look of the interiors and is also comfortable to walk on.
Through the year, all of us strive for home improvement and consider revamping our rooms, kitchen and bathroom to make them look more alluring. The biggest contributor to updating décor is tiles. Considering there will always be visitors at home, flooring is the first thing anyone will ever notice. Tile flooring is quite desirous and leaves an important first impression.
There are ingenious ways to display tiles. But with the myriad styles, textures, materials and colours trending; anyone can get confused. Worry not, because we covered the upcoming flooring trends in 2017. Keep these simple trends in mind when you go shopping. Let us take a look-
• Ceramic tiles: If you are designing your kitchen, the best option is to go for ceramic tiles. They are elegant, stylish, durable and can add more charm to your floor décor. Since kitchen chores are more prone to stains; ceramic tiles fit the best. They are water resistant and can be maintained and cleaned easily. Also, over a period of time, the shine won’t fade away. The selection of bright ceramic tiles is varied in the market and you can choose as per your requirements!
• Anti-slip tiles: Anti-slip floor tiles are a relatively new addition to the trends. Best for your swimming pools and bathroom areas, these tiles are strong and have a good grip. Bathroom tiling is one crucial aspect hence one must always invest in tiles that can hold up water well. Colours like white and greys can look good in the bathroom. Go for geometric shapes to exude an elegant effect.
• Vitrified tiles: Your living room, bedroom and dining rooms can easily be decorated with vitrified tiles as they produce a pleasing glossy effect. Moreover, they are stain resistant and have strong grip to withstand pressure of furniture and big cupboards.
From a wide variety of tiles, choose the one that matches your lifestyle!